Metformin belongs to the biguanide group. Has antihyperglycemic effect, it provides a reduction in both basal and postprandial plasma concentrations of glucose. Does proviron for women not stimulate insulin secretion and therefore does not cause hypoglycemia. The action of metformin based on the following mechanisms: – decrease glucose production in the liver due to inhibition of gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis, – increased sensitivity of muscles to insulin and thus improve the absorption and glucose utilization at the periphery; – inhibition glucose absorption in the intestine. Metformin through their action on glikiencintetazu stimulates intracellular glycogen synthesis. Increases the transport capacity of all hitherto known membrane transport glucose proteins.
It has, independently of its effects on plasma concentrations of glucose, a beneficial effect on lipid metabolism, leads to a decrease in total cholesterol concentration, cholesterol and triglycerides. Pharmacokinetics Following oral administration of the drug metformin is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, maximum concentration (C max ) achieved in the blood plasma after 2.5 hours and at the maximum dosage does not exceed 4 micrograms / ml. During the meal absorption is reduced and slowed down slightly. It accumulates in the salivary glands, muscles, liver and kidneys. It penetrates into erythrocytes. Absolute bioavailability in healthy subjects is approximately 50-60%. Almost does not bind to plasma proteins. By reducing renal clearance is reduced proportionally metformin creatinine clearance, respectively, and elimination half-life of metformin is prolonged plasma concentration increases.
Type 2 diabetes, especially in patients who are overweight, while poor diet and physical activity.
In adults, n be used as monotherapy or in combination therapy with other oral hypoglycemic agents and insulin.
In children older than 10 yearsmay be used alone or in combination with insulin.
– Hypersensitivity to metformin or auxiliary components of the preparation;
– diabetic ketoacidosis, diabetic precoma;
– renal failure or renal dysfunction (creatinine clearance <60 mL / min);
– acute conditions that can have an adverse effect on renal function, such as dehydration, a serious infectious disease; intravascular administration of iodinated contrast material;
– acute or chronic disease which may cause tissue hypoxia, e.g., cardiac or respiratory failure, recent myocardial infarction, shock;
– hepatic failure;
– lactic acidosis (including history);
– pregnancy, breastfeeding;
– acute alcohol intoxication, alcoholism;
– compliance with a low-calorie diet (less than 1000 kcal per day);
– children up to age 10 years.
– child age 10 to 12 years of age;
– Persons over 60 years, performing heavy physical work (increased risk of developing lactic acidosis).
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug proviron for women is contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The patient should be warned about the need to put in the doctor’s reputation in the event of pregnancy. When planning or pregnancy occurs in a patient with type 2 diabetes drug should be discontinued, with the help of insulin to normalize or as close to normal plasma glucose concentration, to reduce the risk of fetal defects as a result of the pathological effects of hyperglycemia.
Metformin penetrates the milk laboratory animals. Similar data for the missing person, so your doctor should decide whether to terminate breast-feeding; or the abolition of the proviron for women, taking into account the need for the mother of the drug. mexican steroids for sale eutropin can you buy steroid nasal sprays over the counter